Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sweet, funny, very smart and outgoing are the words that come to mind after having Barry for a few days as a new foster mom. Barry would be very happy in a house with lots of family (he does wine a bit when I leave for work even though he has his dog friend Poco with him and when I get home is he way excited). He will follow you everywhere! He’s definitely still a puppy at a year old. I think he would get on the nerves of an older dog because he thinks all is fair in love and war. I believe he would be good with cats too but it is not tested. Since Barry is adjusting to a whole new life in a home, right now he tends to cautious around new people but only outside. A bit scared of sudden movements and loud noises. I think he will grow out of this also. Inside he loves anyone that walks through the door. He is also adjusting to the cold (hence the jacket that will go with his new forever home). He can walk about 3-4 blocks before he starts shaking a bit. Barry has the funniest personality—stretches out on all fours then glides across the carpeting, lays on his back with all four paws in air as he wriggles around and gentle gnaws at your fingers (I think this is a puppy thing too) and runs around playing by himself by throwing a soft toy in the air. He follows either myself or Poco around outside without a leash when we are in the yard and doesn’t run away. Because Barry is very smart, he could go far in agility training and it would be fun for him. When we are inside, I have his collar off. When I grab his collar he sits and waits for me to get it secured. I’m working on teaching him to sit right now. He seems to know the command “come” and he definitely knows his name. Anyone that gives Barry his forever home is going to have years of love and laughter in their families life!

No comments:

Post a Comment